3 Rounds for time:
20 Toes to bar
20 Wallballs, 20#(14#) to 10′
400 Meter run
Post time to comments or BTW
Frittata’s are not only fun to say but can be delicious for ANY meal of the day!!
Bacon Potato Sausage Frittata (with green chilies)
*From paleomg.com adapted to zone proportions
- 4-6 strips bacon, cut into pieces (enough for 2 PRO -varies depending on type of bacon)
- 1 2/3 tsp bacon fat (5FAT)
- 360 g (2 2/3c) ~ 1 medium sweet potato or yam, diced into small cubes or shredded (it cooks faster)(8CHO)
- ½ pound italian sausage (or other ground meat) (5PRO)
- 8 eggs, whisked (8PRO)
- 2/3 cup green chilies (2CHO)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon ground paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place bacon in a large cast iron skillet or in an oven safe sauté pan. Cook bacon until crispy. Remove and place on a paper towel lined plate. Remove bacon fat and add 1 2/3 tsp back to pan.
- Add sweet potato, coat in bacon fat and let cook for 10-12 minutes or 5-7 if shredded or until the sweet potatoes are soft.
- Add italian sausage to the pan with the potatoes, break apart with a wooden spoon and cook until no pink remains.
- Once sausage is cooked through, remove pan from heat to let cool.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, green chilies, garlic powder, red pepper, paprika and salt and pepper.
- Once pan has cooled, pour in eggs and add the bacon on top of the sausage and potatoes. Mix well to evenly distribute the eggs around the pan.
- Place in oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until the eggs are fully cooked in the middle of the pan. I found I had to cook it longer in my convection oven.
- Makes 15 PRO, 10 CHO, 5 FAT total
- Cut into 5 equal sections for 3P, 2CHO, 1F per piece.
- Top with some avocado to balance fats , add in 1 block of fruit and ENJOY!!!