5 Rounds for time
Run 400 Meters
15 Overhead Squats 95#(65#)
Post scores to BTW.
The Importance of Sleep by Coach Colby
I just returned from a wedding over the weekend. It was my best buddy from my college days, and in similar fashion to my college days, I didn’t sleep much this weekend.
As I write this I am feeling pretty run down, and that made me realize just how great I feel when I get enough sleep!
So, here is a short list of some simple things you can add in to your weekly routine to help recover faster, written by Brad McLeod at Box Life Magazine. Check out the entire article here.
- On a rest day, try planning an additional 15-30 minutes of additional sleep.
- Sleep in a cold room. This is helpful because your body temperature will rise naturally while you sleep, and if you get too hot it can be hard to relax and fall into a deep sleep.
- Try a really, really cold shower for 5 minutes before bed. I don’t know why this works, but I swear it hits me like an elephant tranquiler.
- Take a nap! I know you’re all super busy, but 20 minutes of shut eye can really help you power through your afternoon.
- Sleep in complete darkness. And turn off the iPad/iPhone/electronic devices.
Limited schedule today. Afternoon open gym ends at 3:00 pm. Check MBO for complete details! Happy Labor Day!