5 – 5 – 5 – 5 – 5
Post loads to comments and BTW.
CrossFit Verve Lean and Mean Nutrition Challenge – Are you in?
The CrossFit Verve Lean and Mean Nutrition challenge is a 6 week team and individual challenge designed to teach you healthy nutrition and lifestyle habits in a fun, competitive format that will help you build muscle, eliminate excess body fat and improve your health and fitness.
Why do I need this?
To build healthy lifestyle habits, balance your stress levels, improve your health and continue to improve your performance in the gym. And you’ll likely lose body fat and build muscle while you’re at it.
What should I expect from this challenge?
Over the course of this 6 week challenge, you can expect to build lean muscle and shed excess body fat. But that’s just the beginning. In addition to building a lean and strong physique, you’ll also improve your energy on a daily basis (no more mid afternoon insulin naps), improve your digestion, eliminate nasty food allergies and inflammation, continue to crush your workouts, and gain some control over your hectic and stressful life.
How does it work?
Every day for 6 weeks you will keep track of a couple important things, such as exercise, sleep, nutrition, quiet time and rest days. Each of these activities will have a certain score associated with them. At the end of the competition, the individuals with the highest scores (total points, body fat lost, best team score, most dramatic before/after photos) will be awarded with prizes!
How do I log my score?
You will be given a scorecard prior to the start of the challenge to use to log your scores daily.
What are the prizes?
GRAND PRIZE – Biggest Change in Before/After Photos: 1 month free training, 1 free Foundations membership for a friend, and a gift basket.
Most Body Fat Lost: Gift Basket
Most Points Scored (Individual): Gift Basket
Most Points Scored (Team): T-Shirts and Tender Belly Bacon
What are the rules?
Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Eliminate alcohol, processed foods, dairy, grains and other inflammatory foods. Exercise 5 times per week. Take 2 days off to rest and recover. Sleep a minimum of 7 hours every night. Take 20 minutes of uninterrupted quiet time every day (no electronics allowed).
How do I get started?
- Sign up in person at the gym or e-mail email@example.com
- Your fee will be paid through your account on Mind Body
- Schedule your first body fat test
- Take before pictures (make sure your entire body is in the shot – take one from the front, one from each side and one from the back. And take one flexing – because, why not?). Send these photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Identify and write down, on paper, 3 goals that you would like to achieve – improved fitness, decreased stress, a lower bodyfat percentage, better performance in the gym, etc
- Keep score every day
How does the scoring work?
- Eating (up to 8 points a day). Earn 2 points for each 100% real food meal (up to 3 per day). Earn 1 point for each clean snack (up to 2 per day).
- Drinking (1 point per day). Earn 1 point for each day without alcohol, soda, juice or other drinks that taste sweet (no artificial sweeteners). Black coffee and unsweetened tea is acceptable.
- Exercise (up to 3 points per day). Earn 2 points for each day with a CrossFit workout (maximum of 10 points per week). Earn 1 point for each day with a workout outside of the gym, such as Yoga, hiking, biking, etc. Minimum of 60 minutes of activity for these outside of gym workouts. Earn 2 points for each day that you do NOT exercise (limit 2 per week).
- Sleeping (2 points per day). Earn 2 points per day for each day with a minimum of 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Naps count towards your total!
- Quiet Time (1 point per day). Earn 1 point per day for taking 20 uninterrupted minutes of quiet time – no electronics allowed!
How do the teams work?
The teams will be selected at random and you will be assigned a coach. Your coach will provide you with accountability and will also be your resource for any questions regarding the competition.
How much does the program cost?
Program Cost: $35
Before and After Body Fat Test: $65
Where can I schedule my body-fat test?
Check out this Google Spreadsheet to register: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0As6SmCm7GOeadDNmU2JMbWVsaTlsNXNIY2VfZUh6VlE&usp=sharing#gid=0
What is the schedule/timeline for the challenge?
April 17th – First Body Fat Test @ Verve (register at the link above)
April 19th – Registration closes and teams are chosen at random. Information packets are sent out Saturday afternoon, containing all the guides and information you will need for the challenge.
April 20th – Go grocery shopping and prepare meals for the first three to four days.
April 21st – Challenge begins. Start filling out your score cards.
June 1st – Challenge ends. Tally your scores and keep with the healthy habits.
June 4th – Second Body Fat Test @ Verve. Be proud of your hard work.
OKAY, WHO’S IN? POST TO COMMENTS AND BE READY TO THROW DOWN!