This recipe was adapted from www.multiplydelicious.com, adapted to zone quantities by Robyn! Cold or hot, it’s yummy and already zoned–YES!
Chicken Veggie Salad Ingredients:
1 pound chicken shredded (easiest way is to crockpot some chicken breasts/tenders)
7 slices bacon (save 1 Tablespoon + 1 tsp bacon fat for dressing)
2 bags broccoli slaw
1.5 cups yellow onion, diced
4 cups zucchini, diced
1.5 cups cherry tomato – halved
2 bell peppers (red, orange, or yellow are the best)
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons fresh oregano
2 Tablespoons fresh parsley
1 teaspoon paprika
salt and pepper to taste
Avocado Herb Dressing Ingredients:
6 Tablespoons of avocado
⅓ cup fresh parsley
⅓ cup fresh basil
1 Tablespoon + 1 tsp bacon fat
1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
Juice of 1 Lemon
Juice of 1 Lime
¼ teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon sea salt – optional
1. Cook bacon- either fry or broil then cut up, and save some of the grease
2. In large pot over medium heat saute broccoli slaw, onion, zucchini, peppers, tomatoes for about 10 min. You will be able to tell when the veggies are cooked enough to your liking. Add garlic, herbs and seasonings, let sit while you make the dressing.
3. Add chopped bacon and chicken to mix, stir well.
4. For dressing; add all ingredients to a small food processor and blend away.
5. Add dressing to chicken veggie mix and stir really well
This makes quite a large batch, so yummy you will be able to enjoy it all week!
⅔ cup = 1P, 0.5 CHO, 1F
2 cups = 3P, 1.5 CHO, 3F