We love it when you share some of your favorite go-to paleo/zone recipes or your own fabulous creations with us, because then we can share it with everyone! Keeping a commitment to your health and nutrition mean discipline, but it doesn’t always have to mean the same ol’ food day in and day out. Sure, we are creatures of habit, but we always love a new nom nom meal to munch on and ignite the taste buds!
Have you blocked out an awesome paleo meal that you are proud to show the world? Send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a picture, so we can try it out and share it with the rest of the community. Thanks to Robyn for this week’s yummy goodness below!
Vegetables with Bacon and Grilled Chicken
- 7 strips bacon
- 18 oz grilled chicken (I used tenders and just grilled them seasoned with Peruvian Chili Lime from Savory Spice Shop)
- 1 TBSP + 1/3 tsp bacon grease, or any oil
- 2/3 cup onion – diced
- 27 oz. Brussels sprouts – halved or quartered depending on size
- 24 spears of asparagus – cut into thirds or fourths
- 3 cups chopped or sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fire up the grill and get the chicken cooking.
- Cut up bacon into ½ to 1 inch size pieces and fried it up in a pan on medium high, save the grease if you want to use it for your fats
- When the bacon is crispy, scoop out and put on paper towel lined plate, and don’t forget to save the fat. Set bacon aside
- Using the bacon fat or oil of your choice in a larger pot add oil, onion, and mushrooms; add a little salt and pepper if you like; sauté for about 2 min on medium
- Mean while check the chicken – when fully cooked pull of grill and allow to cool a little before dicing it up.
- Add Brussels sprouts; sauté for about 5 min on medium
- Add asparagus and broth, bring to a bubble (I increased temp to med-high to get bubble rolling quickly), cover, reduce heat to medium low and cook for 10 minutes.
- Drain extra broth from pot, add bacon and diced chicken, throw in a little more Peruvian Chili Lime Seasoning, let flavors meld for about 5 min and ENJOY!
Recipe make 12 cups with 20P, 10C, 10F
Serving size: 2/3 cup = 1P, 0.5C, 0.5F
Enjoy with a side of fruit or more veggies. Add some sliced or chopped nuts on top to balance out the blocks.