Working in teams of 2, as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:
10 Pull-ups/ ring rows
10 Calorie row
5 Burpees over the rower
*Partner 1 completes full round before switching with partner 2.
Post results to BTWB
The Crossfit Kitchen is a great resource for recipes when looking for ways to spice up your palette. This savory “pasta” dish from Nick Massie is perfect for a warm comfort food fix. You can watch the full video here along with the original article from the CrossFit Journal.
- 16 oz. wild shrimp, peeled, deveined and sliced in half
- 3 oz. Italian sausage
- 2 c. tomato puree
- 1 c. light coconut milk
- 3 zucchini, rinsed and cut into noodle-like strips
- 3 yellow squashes, rinsed and cut into noodle-like strips
- 1 oz. basil chiffonade, saving two basil leaves for garnish
- 7 cloves garlic, smashed and minced
- Olive oil, as needed
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tsp. of olive oil and all the garlic to the pan. Cook until the outer edges of garlic become golden brown.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the sausage to the pan, breaking it into small chunks.
- Stir garlic and sausage together, add the zucchini and yellow squash, and fold all ingredients together. Turn heat to medium-high and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree and coconut milk and stir to incorporate. Bring to a simmer, fold in the shrimp and cook for 60 seconds.
- Cut the heat, taste the sauce, and adjust seasoning to your liking using kosher salt and black pepper.
- Transfer to a plate, garnish with basil leaves and enjoy!
- You can also portion this out and refrigerate for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 6 months.