Say “Ciao” to those cravings for pasta, in fact–you may never want to go back!
1 Spaghetti Squash
1 jar marinara/tomato sauce (look for low sodium and sugar content–we like the Costco brand or Classico)
1 package ground turkey
Spices galore! (seriously folks, only your imagination can limit you!)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- Cut your spaghetti squash in half, scrape the seeds out and lay both halves in a cookie sheet or pyrex dish with approximately 1/2″ water in it
- Bake squash for 45 minutes, flipping it halfway
- When the squash is done, scrape it into a bowl and marvel at it’s fun, craziness–save for later
- Meanwhile, mix a bunch of fun spices into your ground turkey meat. Think pepper, italian seasoning, onion, or red pepper flakes to name a few
- Measure out 1.5 oz, make into meatballs and place on baking sheet
- Bake meatballs approx 20 min (throw them in when your squash is about halfway done)
- Meanwhile again, empty your marinara in a saucepan to heat through, and spice it up with some fresh garlic, oregano, basil, or thyme. Doctor it up!
- When your meatballs are done, throw them into the marinara and let simmer!
Alright people! Now you are ready to serve this up….here is your measurements if zoning:
1 cup spaghetti squash = 1 C
3 1.5 oz turkey meatball = 3 P
1 cup marinara = 2 C
To make sure that you get a complete meal, either add some fats by tossing some olive oil into your squash (1 teaspoon = 3 F) or have them elsewhere like with your dessert!