5 Rounds for time:
100′ walking lunge
15 Overhead squat, 95#(65#)
Post time to comments or BTWB
FRIES!! YES….. FRIES!
Found this sweet and salty snack on the Life of Riley site, where apparently you can not only find nut butter but great recipes too. These look fun and innovative, like no fry set-up I have ever seen. You can see the full post here
1 large butternut squash
1 Tbs coconut oil
1/2 Tbs cinnamon
1/2 Tbs nutmeg
Sea Salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup Life of Riley Almond Butter
1/4 cup almond milk
2 Tbs honey
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Cut the butternut squash in half and remove the seeds. Then peel the outside. Finally cut the squash into stick shapes, about 1/2 inch thick.
3. Place the squash sticks in a row on the lined baking sheet.
4. Heat the coconut oil in a small sauce pan until melted. Using a coasting brush lightly coast the squash sticks.
5. Sprinkle the cinnamon and nutmeg on top. Then add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Place in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes, or until desired crispiness.
7. In a medium bowl, add the almond butter, almond milk and honey. Whisk until well blended.
8. To serve place the squash fries on a plate and drizzle the almond glaze. Finish with a bit more sea salt.
-One more week of free Sprint classes. If you are enjoying them, send Danni an e-mail letting her know you want to add it.
– The sign-up sheet will be up tomorrow for our TEAM UP FOR EMILY competition! Get your team together and have some fun. The competition will be over by 11am, so you have the rest of your Saturday to do non-team fun stuff.