5 rounds for time
35 Kb swings (1.5 pood/1 pood)
20Box jumps (30/24)
Run 1 mile
U.S. Air Force Major Lucas “Gaza” Gruenther, of Twain Harte, California, died Jan. 28, 2013, when his F-16 jet went down in the Adriatic Sea off the coast of Italy. Gruenther was in the 555th Fighter Squadron where he served as an F-16 Flight Lead for the 31st Fighter Wing, Aviano Air Base, Italy. Gruenther is survived by his wife, Cassy; daughter, Serene, born just a week after his death; parents, Romel Mathias and Joseph Malin; brother and sister-in-law, Alex and Britton; brother, Chance Hildreth; grandmothers, Melba Mathias and Brigitta Gruenther; and many aunts, uncles, cousins and friends. He is preceded in death by his grandfathers, Robert Mathis and Col. Donald Gruenther.
post time to comments or BTW
Here is our lesson for the day: ANYTHING WRAPPED IN BACON IS DELICIOUS. Now that we know that, we present to you a recipe from Ali N.’s own sisters’ blog Taysteofpaleo. You can find this recipe and many other paleo-friendly recipes here.
Paleo Sriracha Meatloaf Wrapped In Bacon
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 2 plus TB Sriracha (or make your own using this great recipe from Nom Nom Paleo)
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 4 TB coconut aminos
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 8 slices of bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl combine the meats, egg, flour, sriracha, green onions, cilantro, coconut aminos, and garlic. Mix thoroughly.
- Lay down Saran wrap on a clean and even surface. On top of saran wrap lay down 8 slices of bacon. Make sure they lay side by side. Lay another layer of saran wrap on top of them. Pound down the bacon until they thin out and are overlapping each other.
- Remove the top layer of saran wrap.
- Morph the meatloaf mixture into a loaf. Place on top of bacon slices horizontally. (You want the bacon strips to lay out vertically and the meatloaf to lay out horizontally)
- Lift the end of the saran wrap and pull upwards around the meatloaf. This makes it easier to wrap the entire loaf with the bacon.
- Grease a baking sheet and lay down the meatloaf wrapped in bacon.
- Bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes or until the bacon is browned and crispy.
We received a friendly reminder this weekend to make sure we only park in Verve reserved parking spots OR street parking. The surrounding building are filled with businesses that need their reserved parking as well. Thank you in advance.