This program is for active healthy individuals that want to ramp up into our fast paced group CrossFit classes. This class will meet Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays during each week, with a limited number of people per class. There is a total of six (6) classes that will need to be completed throughout the month in order to then sign-up for membership. These classes are offered on a rotating basis throughout the month so that the individual can join anytime or repeat a class if necessary. Attendance to ALL six (6) Core Classes is required.
During the Foundations course we are going to want to know a little more about you. We will be conducting assessments in order to understand you, your personal goals, current health, concerns or up and coming competitions. Once we have some understanding of your needs, we can help you achieve your goals.
Additionally, you will receive a comprehensive understanding of the CrossFit program.
We’ll introduce, refine and technique and discuss range of motion requirements for the following movements:
- Squats: air squat, front squat, overhead squat, back-squat
- Presses: shoulder press, push press, push jerk
- Power movements: deadlift, sumo deadlift high pull, ball clean
- Olympic movements: clean and jerk, snatch
- Gymnastics: pull-up, push-ups, burpees, ring dips, muscle-ups, Handstands, l-sits etc.
- Other common movements: thrusters, wall ball, kettlebell swings, rowing, box jumps, jump roping.
Please understand that all movements have modifications and we are happy to work with all abilities.
We’ll also introduce you to our way of eating – The Zone and Paleo concepts. If you aren’t ready for The Zone, do not despair, there are easier ways to get started on the track to healthier choices. Nutrition is often overlooked when training, but to us it is the foundation of fitness. Though you don’t need to follow a nutritional program to be a part of CrossFit Verve, we want you to look and feel good, so we want you to get in the Zone.
The cost for this class is $150.
Call 720-238-7783 or e-mail to get started for the following classes:
Foundation dates for 2012;
- July 10th – 30th, meeting M/T/W/TH at 7:00pm.
- August 7th – 27th, meeting M/T/W/TH at 7:00pm.
- September 4th – 24th, meeting M/T/W/TH at 7:00pm.
- October 9th – 29th, meeting M/T/W/TH at 7:00pm.
- November 6th – 26th, meeting M/T/W/TH at 7:00pm.
- December 3rd – 20th, meeting M/T/W/TH at 7:00pm.
Once you have completed the foundations our group classes and schedule open up and you may come in at your convenience for a kick-butt workout. This class is mandatory in order to move on to the group classes. If the schedule time and dates do not work for you, we offer a fast track to get in the WOD (workout of the day).