This program is for active healthy individuals that want to ramp up into our fast paced group CrossFit classes. This class will meet Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays during each week, with a limited number of people per class. There is a total of six (6) classes that will need to be completed throughout the month in order to then sign-up for membership. These classes are offered on a rotating basis throughout the month so that the individual can join anytime or repeat a class if necessary. Attendance to ALL six (6) Core Classes is required.
During the Foundations course we are going to want to know a little more about you. We will be conducting assessments in order to understand you, your personal goals, current health, concerns or up and coming competitions. Once we have some understanding of your needs, we can help you achieve your goals.
Additionally, you will receive a comprehensive understanding of the CrossFit program.
We’ll introduce, refine and technique and discuss range of motion requirements for the following movements:
- Squats: air squat, front squat, overhead squat, back-squat
- Presses: shoulder press, push press, push jerk
- Power movements: deadlift, sumo deadlift high pull, ball clean
- Olympic movements: clean and jerk, snatch
- Gymnastics: pull-up, push-ups, burpees, ring dips, muscle-ups, Handstands, l-sits etc.
- Other common movements: thrusters, wall ball, kettlebell swings, rowing, box jumps, jump roping.
Please understand that all movements have modifications and we are happy to work with all abilities.
We’ll also introduce you to our way of eating – The Zone and Paleo concepts. If you aren’t ready for The Zone, do not despair, there are easier ways to get started on the track to healthier choices. Nutrition is often overlooked when training, but to us it is the foundation of fitness. Though you don’t need to follow a nutritional program to be a part of CrossFit Verve, we want you to look and feel good, so we want you to get in the Zone.
The cost for this class is $150.
Call 720-238-7783 or e-mail to get started for the following classes:
Foundation dates for 2013;
- February 3rd – 13th, meeting M/T/TH at 7:00 – 8:15pm
- February 17th – 27th, meeting M/T/TH at 7:00 – 8:15pm
- March 3rd – 13th, meeting M/T/TH at 7:00-8:15pm
- March 17th- 27th, meeting M/T/TH at 7:00 – 8:15pm
- March 31st – April 10th, meeting M/T/TH at 7:00 – 8:15pm
- April 14th – 24th, meeting M/T/TH at 7:00 – 8:15pm
- April 28th – May 8th, meeting M/T/TH at 7:00 – 8:15pm
- May 12 – 22nd meeting M/T/TH at 7:00 – 8:15pm
- May 26 – June 5th meeting M/T/TH at 7:00 – 8:15pm
- June 9th – 19th meeting M/T/TH at 7:00 – 8:15pm
- June 23rd – July 3rd meeting M/T/TH at 7:00 – 8:15pm
- July 7th – 17th meeting M/T/TH at 7:00 – 8:15pm
- July 21st – 31st meeting M/T/TH at 7:00 – 8:15pm
- August 4th – 14th meeting M/T/TH at 7:00 – 8:15pm
- August 18th – 28th meeting M/T/TH at 7:00 – 8:15pm
- September 1st – 11th meeting M/T/TH at 7:00 – 8:15pm
- September 15th – 25th meeting M/T/TH at 7:00 – 8:15pm
- September 29th – October 9th meeting M/T/ TH at 7:00 – 8:15pm
- October 13th – 23rd meeting M/T/TH at 7:00 – 8:15pm
- October 27th – November 6th M/T/TH at 7:00 – 8:15pm
- November 10th – 20th meeting M/T/TH at 7:00 – 8:15pm
Our Foundations class is mandatory in order to move on to the advanced group classes. If the schedule time and dates do not work for you, we offer a fast track to get in the WOD (workout of the day). Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have questions. We look forward to meeting you!