Okay, so this is a quick go to meal when we are short on time. It’s not only quick to make but refreshing and crisp, perfect for summertime gatherings. If you’ve got a handy food processor, it’s lightening fast to make.
It’s paleo-friendly, it’s zone-friendly……you can add some fruit or other veggies to balance out your carbs for a perfect meal!
- 12 oz leftover or rotisserie chicken, shredded or cubed (12P)
- 2.5 cups red bell pepper, chopped (2C)
- 2 cups celery, chopped (1C)
- 1/2 oz sliced almonds (5F)
- 1/8 cup raisins–I like the golden ones (1.6C)
- 2Tbs, 1tsp homemade mayonnaise (see recipe below) (7F)
- 1 T curry powder–freebie and oh so good for you!
- pepper to taste
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and serve. Adjust the mayonnaise to meet your fat requirements. This makes 4 servings at roughly 3P, 1C, 3F. ENJOY!
How to make 100% paleo mayo:
This can be made in a larger batch to be kept in the fridge for use in anything you would normally use mayonnaise for.
0.33 Cup of Olive oil
1 tsp of mustard powder
2 Dashes of cayenne
2 TBSP Lemon juice
Crack eggs in a blender and add spices. Slowly over a 5 minute period add in the olive oil. This is important, as it aids in making your mayonnaise thicker.
Zone exchange: 1TBSP = 3 Fat blocks (protein is negligible).