8 Rounds for time:
Run 400 Meters
10 Hang dumbbell power cleans, 40#(25#)
30 Double unders
Post Time to BTWB
With the holidays in full effect, we all strive to keep our fuel clean, and find ways to keep our guts happy. This recipe from Sarah Fragoso is a delicious option to enjoy the holiday comfort food without needing total damage control caused by processed foods. For more tasty recipes from Sarah Fragoso, you can find them here.
Enjoy, and Happy Holidays!
STUFFING by Sarah
1 lb mild Italian pork or chicken sausage, casing removed (I used chicken sausages from my local butcher)
4 ½ cups mushrooms, diced
1 medium yellow onion, diced
6 celery stalks, diced
4 carrots, diced
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon diced fresh sage
½ tsp minced fresh thyme leaves
½ cup dried cherries, finely chopped
½ cup slivered almonds
½ tablespoon minced garlic
4 tablespoons lard, butter, or ghee
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a large soup pot, sauté onions in lard, butter, or ghee until translucent.
3. Add the sausage and brown.
4. Add the carrots, celery, mushrooms, chicken broth, cherries, almonds, sage, thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
5. Mix well, bring to a simmer, and cook for 5-10 minutes or until the veggies begin to absorb the chicken broth.
6. Transfer to a large glass baking dish, cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.