5 rounds of:
3 minutes of rope climbs
2 minutes of squats
2 minutes of push-ups
3 minutes to run 400 meters
*After the run, rest for the remainder of the 3 minutes before beginning the next round.
Post results to BTWB
Remember athletes… Today is “Take Your Friend To Verve Day”! Have a friend interested in trying out Verve? This will be your opportunity to show them your favorite place in Denver. During each WOD today we will be prepared to scale/ modify movements for those trying out CrossFit for the first time. To reserve your spot, please remember to log in (or create an account) on MindBody.
Main dishes can be easy to create, it’s the sides that sometimes we all have to think about. Here’s an oldie from one of Verve’s Nutrition challenges, back in the day. Easy, delicious, and zoned just for you!
Chopped Broccoli Salad
- 6 cups broccoli (1.5C)
- 2 cups carrots (2C)
- 1 Apple (2C)
- 1 lb. Bacon (3P)
- 2T Avocado oil (9F)
- 1T Balsamic vinegar (1C)
- 1T Spicy Brown Mustard
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Zone Blocks: 1 cup = 0.5C, 0.5F, .16P, or 3 cups = 1.5C, 1.5F, 0.5P
- In a skillet, cook 1 package of bacon on low to medium heat.
- While bacon is cooking, chop 6 cups of broccoli, 2 cups of carrots, and 1 apple and add together in a large bowl
- Drain off bacon fat and coarsely chop bacon, then add on to salad bowl.
- Top ingredients with 2 tbsp avocado oil, 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1 tbs dill and 1 tbsp spicy brown mustard.
- Either put lid on and shake it all around, or stir thoroughly.