Clean and jerk
Post loads to comments and BTWB
- 1 cup pecans, toasted
- 1/2 pound bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds brussel sprouts, trimmed
- 2 green onions (scallions), sliced on the bias
- salt and pepper
- (if your pecans aren’t already toasted, then simply heat a large skilletover medium heat, toss your pecans in, and toast until fragrant, being careful not to burn)
- In a large sauté pan or skillet, cook bacon until crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan, saving the bacon grease (if you have loads of bacon grease, pour some off and save for future use). Crumble up the bacon and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk mustard, vinegar, and lemon juice together
- Using the 1/8 or 1/4 inch slicing disk on your food processor, slice the Brussels sprouts.
- Heat the skillet (the one with the bacon grease) over medium heat, and add the sliced Brussels sprouts, sautéing until softened and slightly browned.
- Pour the mustard/vinegar/lemon/olive oil mixture over the sprouts, stirring to combine. Mix in 1/2 the pecans, bacon and scallions. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place slaw in a serving dish and serve with the remaining pecans on top.