Cereal? Paleo? Zone? Is this a joke?
Nope, peeps, it’s for real. In fact, once you try this it’s very likely you’ll never want to go back to those goofy, leaky gut, gluten & grain cereals. Do you miss your morning oatmeal, how it used to warm you from the inside out and stick to your ribs? Whether you are looking for something new in your breakfast routine or wanting something new and yummy in your belly for dessert–check this out!
- Apple (1/2 = 1C)
- Almonds (3= 1F)
- Cinnamon to taste (freebie)
- A bit of Mother Earth’s thirst quenching H20
- Block out your apple and almonds according to your needs, chop up the apple
- Add everything to a blender (another great use other than the usual margaritas)
- Add some water, enough to cover the bottom of the blender
- Roughly chop/pulse/blend to your liking
- Pour into a microwave safe bowl, cover, warm for approx 1-2 min
- Top with some extra cinnamon and wee bit extra fruit (berries, banana, etc)
You can make a larger batch of this and store it in the fridge, or just make it as needed. If zoning, just block out your carbs and fats.
For instance, if making this for a complete 3 block breakfast:
3 eggs scrambled (3P), 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper (1C,) 2 cups spinach (1C)
Cereal made with 1/2 apple (1C), 9 almonds (3F)