As many rounds as possible in 12 minutes of:
10 Box jumps, 30″(24″)
Post reps to comments or BTW
Talk about a perfect post-WOD snack!! For those of you that enjoy real food after your workout, then this is the simple, portable, quick-to-grab nutricious goodie. Add a little protien and you are good to go. Recipe courtesy of zoneappetit.com
Sweet Potato Cakes
Serves 4-5 ~ 2 cakes per serving including yogurt dip ~ 1P, 2C, 0.4F
- 450 grams Sweet Potato from 2 med-lg potatoes. (once again measure to be more precise!)
- 1 c. Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 c. Liquid Egg Whites
- 1/2 tsp. rosemary
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 6 oz. Plain Chobani Yogurt
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- Remove skins from potato and shred.
- Squeeze all the moisture from the potatoes. There is a lot! The dryer you get them, the crispier your cakes will be.
- Add parmesan, egg whites, rosemary, and pepper. Mix well
- Make into patties. You want them fairly flat. (should make approx. 10 patties per batch)
- Place them on a greased wire rack. Once all patties are made, put the wire rack on top of a cookie sheet. You could also just use a cookie sheet and turn them once or twice during baking. It’s up to you!
- Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes or until crispy.
- While cakes are baking, mix yogurt with paprika, garlic salt, cumin, and onion powder.
- Serve cakes with yogurt dip.