5 Rounds with a 4 minute running clock:
With remaining time row as many calories as possible
Rest 2 minutes between rounds
Post calories to comments or BTW
Many of us had the opportunity to sit with Clara on Saturday and discuss detoxifying the body for better energy, sleep, and skin! One of the items discussed was the benefit of curry on the liver and detoxification, so I thought a recipe including curry would be prudent. BONUS: It is a cold salad recipe for the hot days coming up!
Cold Curry Chicken, Veggie, and Grape Salad
- 24 oz (24P) chicken – cooked and shredded in crock pot – or use rotisserie chicken
- 504 g (10CHO) red grapes cut in half or smaller if you’re feeling ambitious
- 252 g (1CHO) celery diced
- 429 g (3CHO) red, yellow, orange bell pepper diced
- 240 g (2CHO) sweet yellow onion diced
- 2TBSP Curry Powder
- 3 egg yolks (3PRO)
- 2 lemons juiced (2CHO)
- 3 TBSP avocado oil – or any oil (27F)
- yellow mustard to taste
1) Cook chicken in crock pot and shred or use a rotisserie chicken to speed up the time.
2) Chop and dice all veggies
3) Throw all ingredients in a large bowl
4) mix up mayo – put egg yolks in a bowl that you can whisk while adding the avocado oil and lemon juice slowly to emulsify a little bit (I used a hand immersion blender), add yellow mustard to your taste, add curry powder at the end.
5) Pour mayo over salad and enjoy.
Zone Quantities: 27P, 18CHO, 27F
77.8g = 1P, ⅔ CHO, 1F
233.3 g = 3P, 2 CHO, 3F