As many rounds as possible in 30 minutes of:
500 Meter row
5 Rope climbs
25 Ab-mat sit-ups
Post reps to comments or BTWB
This recipe is great because, not only is it delicious, but it only dirties ONE PAN! You can view the whole recipe here
Chicken, Apple, Sweet Potato, and Brussels Sprouts Skillet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes (about 8 ounces)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken stock, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large, nonstick or cast iron skillet over medium high, until hot and shimmering. Add the chicken and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. Cook until lightly browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer to plate lined with paper towels.
- Reduce skillet heat to medium low. Add the chopped bacon and cook until crisp and brown and the fat has rendered, about 4 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate (I simply laid another paper towel on top of the plate with the chicken, then stacked the bacon on that). Discard all but 1 1/2 tablespoons bacon fat from the pan.
- Increase skillet heat back to medium high. Add Brussels sprouts, sweet potato, onion, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender and the onions are beginning to look translucent, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in the apples, garlic, thyme, and cinnamon. Cook 30 seconds, then pour in 1/2 cup of the broth. Bring to a boil and cook until evaporated, about 2 minutes. Add the reserved chicken and remaining 1/2 cup broth. Cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Stir in reserved bacon and serve warm.