Post load to comments or BTWB
WHO DOESN’T LOVE A GOOD SLOPPY JOE every once in a while? Here is a delicious and simple recipe from skinnytaste.com. If the fat is a bit too high, you could cut out the cheese.
You can see the full recipe here
ITALIAN CROCK POT SLOPPY JOES
- 1 lb Italian turkey sausage, removed from casing
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/3 cups crushed tomatoes (Tutorosso)
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 6 whole wheat 100 calorie potato rolls**
- 6 slices reduced fat provolone (Sargento)
- 1 cup baby spinach
In a medium non-stick skillet, cook the sausage over medium-high heat, breaking up as it cooks into small bits until cooked through, about 5-6 minutes. Add onions and garlic, and cook another 2 minutes. Transfer to the slow cooker and add the bell peppers, crushed tomatoes, rosemary and fresh cracked pepper. Cover and cook on low 4 hours. Makes 3 1/2 cups.
To serve, place heaping 1/2 cup of meat on a roll and if desired, top with cheese and baby spinach.
Makes 6 servings.
Calories per sandwich: 316
- Happy Valentines Day ya filthy animals!! Whether you have a Valentine or not, just know that Verve loves you!
- Kacey will be guiding you through a semi-romantic yoga session at 11am, so bring your sweety and get limber.