5 Rounds for time:
3 Power snatch, 165#(115#)
10 Burpee pull-ups
Post reps to comments or BTWB
Summer isn’t over yet people!!! There is still time for BBQ!!! This recipe is from one of my favorite new macro-based blogs The Epicurian Bodybuilder. This recipes’ macro breakdown includes BOTH the meat AND the slaw.
PULLED CHICKEN SANDWICH WITH PICKLE SLAW
Macros for whole recipe: Protein 141g/Fat 14g/Carbs 14g/Calories 745
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
1 ¼ teaspoons salt
black pepper to taste
1 teaspoon paprika
1 lb skinless chicken breasts
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon ketchup
2 large cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon Sriracha (optional)
2 cups kale coleslaw mix or cole slaw mix
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F degrees (190 C). In a small bowl, mix ½ tablespoon brown sugar, salt, pepper, and paprika.
2. In a large baking dish, place the chicken breasts and rub with the spice mixture; cover with foil. Roast until cooked through, 35 to 40 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and let cool slightly (keep the baking dish with the pan juices). Reduce the oven temperature to 275 F (135 C) degrees .
3. In a medium bowl, whisk the vinegar, ketchup, garlic, Sriracha and the remaining brown sugar and about ¼ tsp. each salt and pepper for the sauce.
4. Shred the chicken and then add ½ of the sauce and coat chicken. Cover with foil and place in the oven until the chicken is heated through, about 15 minutes.
5. Toss the coleslaw mix with the remaining sauce. Pile the chicken on buns (I used a brioche bun) and top it with the slaw or eat it with just the slaw.
-Labor Day there will be classes at 9am and 11:30am, with Open Gym from 10am – 11:30am