5 Rounds for time
Run 200 Meters
10 Burpee handstand hold for 3 seconds
Post time to comments or BTWB
STUFFED ACORN SQUASH
It’s squash season!!! There are so many ways that you can dress up this delicious vegetable-like fruit (yep, it’s technically a fruit). This recipe comes to us courtesy of paleomg.com and adapted to zone/paleo.
- 1.5 lbs ground breakfast sausage (8P)
- 2 Acorn Squash (CHO varies)
- 4 T. dried cranberries (4CHO)
- 4 eggs(4P)
- salt and pepper
- Cut Acorn squash in half and scoop out seeds. Spray acorn squash with little coconut oil and place face down on baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes at 400 degrees until squash is soft.
- While the squash is cooking, cook breakfast sausage over skillet.
- Once acorn squash is done cooking, remove from oven and let cool.
- Remove insides of squash and measure out 4 cups of acorn squash and place in same skillet as sausage. If you have remaining acorn squash, spoon out into tupperware bowl and it is the perfect veggie dish for later in the week or paired with any meal for your CHO.
- In skillet mix together sausage, acorn squash, salt, pepper, little fresh garlic and any other spice of your choice. Once all ingredients have cooked down together, add 4 T. of dried cranberries.
- Evenly add back the acorn squash/sausage mixture to your 4 acorn squash skins.
- Make a little spoon indent in the middle of acorn squash and crack one egg into squash.
- Place back in oven for about 15 minutes until you get the desired egg-cooked preference.
- One of the acorn squash halves = 3P, 3CHO, 0F