5 Rounds for time:
20 Kettlebell swings 35#(26#)
30′ Handstand walk
Post time to comments or BTWB
It is GREAT to have a base recipe of sauces that you can put on virtually anything! The following Pesto recipe, from Clara Wisner at rEvolutionary Lifestyle, can be put on spaghetti squash, pasts, salads, or just spoon it into your mouth it is so delicious! You can see the full recipe and blog post here
PALEO CHICKEN PESTO
Ingredients (for the chicken)
- 1-2 lbs of organic, pastured chicken breasts (just depends on how much meat you want)
- juice of two lemons
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients (for the sauce)
- 2 cups packed basil leaves
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Optional: 1/2 cup grated hard parmesan cheese
- cut raw chicken breasts into one-inch strips
- place all other ingredients in bowl and coat chicken strips in marinade
- Cover bowl and leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours, but up to one full day.
- Grill, pan fry or bake chicken strips until cooked all the way through.
- Place all ingredients for sauce in food processor and process until smooth.
- May need to add more olive oil to smooth out texture
- Yoga!!! Today!!! 11am – come on in and let Kacey get you bendy!
- Everyday Warrior starts this Friday. If you do not know the details, look at yesterdays blog entry
- Both Joel and Amelia are looking to sell their spots in the Turkey Challenge, if you are interested, seek them out at the gym or mention it on comments!