As many rounds as possible in 12 minutes of:
50 Double unders
15 KB deadlift
100′ KB farmers carry
100′ KB overhead carry
Post reps to comments or BTWB
One Pot Chicken and Bacon Orzo Soup – you can see the full recipe here
- 5 slices bacon
- 2 cups yellow onion, diced (approximately 1 large onion)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup celery, diced (approximately 3 ribs)
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 6 cups chicken stock, preferably homemade
- 1/2 cup orzo
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper or to taste
- chopped fresh parsley to taste
- In a large dutch oven or heavy bottom saucepan, render the fat from the bacon over low heat. Once there’s a nice layer of fat on the bottom of the pan, turn the heat up slightly and cook the bacon until crisp. Place the bacon on a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Discard all but 2-3 tablespoons of the fat from the pan.
- Add the onions, garlic, celery, and carrots to the pan with a pinch of salt. Cook the vegetables on medium heat for several minutes, stirring periodically, until they have caramelized a bit (Note: the more you caramelize them, the more flavorful the finished soup will be).
- Lay the chicken breasts on top of the vegetables and cover with the chicken stock. Bring the the liquid to a boil, cover and reduce the heat to low. Allow the soup to simmer for 20 minutes. Remove the chicken and place on a cutting board. Once it has cooled slightly, use 2 forks to shred the meat. Set aside.
- Bring the soup back to a boil and add the orzo. Cook for 8 minutes, uncovered, until the orzo is al dente.
- Add the chicken back to the soup and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Dice the reserved bacon. Garnish each bowl of soup with fresh parsley and diced bacon before serving.
Nutrition per 1.7 cup serving:
8.2 g fat
16.8 g carbs
28.2 g protein
-Thank you to everyone who came out to support our competitors at the Turkey Challenge! All of us definitely heard your cheering!
-Join Kacey today for some Yoga at 11am!