Then, 3 rounds for quality:
20 Barbell good mornings, 45#(33#)
15 Meter overhead walking lunge, 45#(33#)
Rest 2 minutes
Post loads to comments and BTWB
Verve is kicking off it’s Summer Nutrition Series with a nutrition lecture this Saturday afternoon from 2pm to 3pm. Verve’s own Clara Wisner will be talking about a topic chosen by you. . . “Keys To Detoxification”. What does that even mean, you ask. Well here is a brief outline of what you have in store for you:
What Is Detoxification?
• Removal of toxins
• 4 primary toxin removal systems
• The processing of toxins by your liver, most of which go into the bile and then into your digestive tract for final clearance)
How do we get Toxins in the first place?
• Scientists estimate that every human has at least 700 contaminants in their bodies
• Symptoms: headaches, joint pain, bloating, digestive upset, fatigue, poor sleep, depression, anxiety, etc.
• Our bodies do a lot of stuff that creates toxic by products, from creating energy to cellular reparation. An example is lactic acid formation during anaerobic exercise.
How detoxification affects our sleep?
• Sleep helps “detox” our brains
How detoxification affects the skin?
• The skin is your largest organ.
• If your detox systems are working properly your skin will be glowing and clear
• Acne is not about your body trying to push toxins out through the skin
• When the body is inflamed, it cannot detox properly and the skin will become irritated, and the compounds that are needed to repair and replenish the skin will be
How detoxification affects the your energy?
• If your detoxification systems are working properly you will have good energy, if not you feel sluggish, have brain fog.
• 80% of all the energy in your body is devoted to detox processes.
• If you eliminate foods that contain the most toxins: gluten, grains, dairy, and legumes then your body will have more energy to use for you!
*10 things you can do to support you body’s detoxification this week and get better sleep, more energy, and glowing skin.
Ladies and gentlemen, this is only a brief glance into the bundle of information Clara has planned for you. This lecture is open to Verve athletes, family, friends, and pretty much anyone reading this blog and wants to get some info. So finish up your open gym sweat session Saturday afternoon, then grab a seat and be prepared to get learned.
**This Sunday is the i99 clinic from 12pm-3pm. The cost is $50 and there are only 1 spot left!! Get signed up now and work on some basic gymnastics. Think you are beyond the basics? Just remember, for those of you who have been in the hunt for a muscle-up, if we don’t even have an efficient, refined kipping pull-up how can we expect that to translate to a more skilled gymnastics movement? Perfect the basics!! Click here to register.