5 Rounds for time:
Run 400 Meters
15 Toes to bar
15 Power cleans @ 40 % of 1 rep max power clean
Post times to comments and BTWB
The 2017 CrossFit Games Open AND the 2017 Verve Open Team Cup. . . let’s do this!
Over the next several weeks I will be continuing to provide details and answer questions regarding both the 2017 CrossFit Games Open and Verve’s Open Team Cup. If you find yourself confused about anything in this process, please be sure to:
- Scroll back through the WOD blog and read Thursday’s posts.
- If you are on Facebook and a member of the Verve Social group, check in there as I also post information in the group. (If you are on FB but not a member of Verve Social. . . I would suggest you get on that, there is tons of information passed along in that group)
- Ask me, Courtney, and I will fill you in on all the details. And don’t worry, talking to me will not automatically get you signed up on my team. 😉
First, in order to participate in Verve’s Open Team Cup, you MUST be signed up for the 2017 CrossFit Games Open. The cost to register for the Open is $20, you can click here to register.
- So to be very clear, if you are not registered for the Open, you CANNOT contribute any points to a team. So if you signed up on a team clipboard but have no interest in signing up for the Open, then you will not be assisting the team in any way.
Let’s talk Open registration. They have recently updated their website, which appears to be having a few snafus. But here is ideally what you want to do when you register:
- Select CrossFit Verve as your affiliate.
- Select CrossFit Verve as your team.
If your profile does not immediately reflect this information, do not worry as I am currently in communication with CrossFit to get it figured out. The teams for the Open Team Cup are not actually a part of the CrossFit Open, so you will not find these team names anywhere online. As far as the Open goes, we are all Team Verve. If you already registered but did not fill in the above mentioned information, you can simply go back and edit/ update your profile. If by the start of the Open you are not listed in Team Verve, you will not contribute points to your Open Team Cup team.
Speaking of points for your Open Team Cup team, how can one earn points?
- Every member of the team that performs the Open workout with a judge and submits a score for validation, earns 1 point.
- If you are not signed up for the Open, do not have your work out judged, and/ or miss the deadline to submit your score for validation, then you do not earn a point.
- You will not earn extra points for repeating the workout, 1 point per person per week.
- If you take and pass the judge’s course, you will earn 2 points for your team.
- You must submit a copy of the certificate after passing the course.
- Even if you took and passed the judge’s course last year, you need to retake it this year. The test is new every year.
- Click here to take the judge’s course.
- If your you are one of the top 3 men or top 3 women scores in both the RX and scaled divisions, you will earn your team 3 points.
- It does not matter if you are 1st, 2nd, or 3rd, each person still gets 3 points.
- If you are the male or female athlete of the week, you will earn 5 points for your team.
- Athlete of the week is chosen by trainers and is based on more than performance. It can be based on effort, sportsmanship, overcoming a challenge, etc.
- Each week your team captain may pick a team theme, i.e. neon pick and green. If you show up on Friday and perform the workout in a visible/ obvious display of neon pink and green, you will earn 1 point for your team.
- If you can’t figure out what I mean by visible/ obvious, and you attempt to point out a single polka dot of color on their left sock. . . . no. Just no.
- This is only good for the Friday workout, it will not count for any other day the workout is performed.
So teammates, with the exception of taking the judge’s course (as that is only a one time point related deal), you can potentially earn 10 points for your team EACH WEEK!!
So make sure to get signed up for the Open. Make sure you list Verve as your affiliate and team. Pick one of Verve’s Open Team Cup teams to partner up with this year and earn some points towards an end of the Open social event.
- Clipboards for teams are located on the front desk. Currently only 2 clipboards are present as these teams need a few additional members. If you don’t see the team you originally wanted to sign up with, don’t worry and sign up for any team you see. They all have amazing people on them. The goal is simply to participate and be included. So include yourself.