With a 3 minute running clock x 5 rounds:
2 Rope climbs
10 Deadlifts, 225#(155#)
10 Anchored ab-mat sit-ups
Rest remaining time
*Score is slowest round.
Post times to comments and BTWB
Let the CrossFit Games 2017 Open updates continue. . .
Here’s what we hope you have already done:
- Gone to the Games site and registered to be a part of the 2017 Open. (Haven’t done this yet?? No worries, click here.)
- During the registration process, you chose CrossFit Verve as both your “Team” and your “Affiliate”.
- You have started taking the judge’s course. (Haven’t done this yet?? No worries, click here. Please print your certificate of completion when finished.)
- Signed up on one of the 4 teams involved in the 2017 Open Team Cup.
**If you have not done any of these items, are not sure what any of these items are, and/ or do not understand the whole process involving both the CrossFit Games Open and Verve’s Open Team Cup. . . don’t be shy. Email me or come find me at Verve, I will be happy to sort it all out for you AND get you super pumped to get involved in all of it. (By “me”, I mean Courtney)
Let’s talk schedule for the 5 weeks of the CrossFit Games Open, starting Thursday February 23rd:
- Just pior to the start of the Open, we will begin following the CrossFit.com main site programming. We will of course make any needed adjustments based on equipment and time.
- We will be programming the Open workout on every Friday as the Verve’s WOD. So every class throughout the day on Friday is the Open workout. Which means if you workout on Fridays you might as well sign up for the Open.
- We will be canceling the 6pm Friday night WOD and in it’s place we will be simply running heats for the workout from 6pm-8pm. The heat times will obviously vary depending on the Open WOD.
- There is no formal class from 6pm-8pm. You will be signing up for a heat time. It will be first come first serve. If a heat time is full, you may not simply pop in and join anyway. The only exception to this is anyone NOT signed up for the Open. These people will not need a judge and therefore may join any heat they want.
- You will need to warm-up on your own and be present, ready to go on time for your heat. We are starting the heats at the posted time, if you are late, then you will need to sign up for another heat.
- Can’t workout Friday? Not a problem. We will be providing two additional times to complete the Open workouts:
- Sunday “Re-do”- 11:30am-1:30pm. This will be listed in MBO, please sign up so we may prepare accordingly.
- Monday “Last chance”- 2pm-3pm. Please do not show up at 2:55pm and start warming up. Please be at Verve before 2pm or at 2pm and get ready to roll, we will be done judging at 3pm.
- If you cannot make one of the three opportunities we are providing, you MUST email us at email@example.com to request an additional time that does work. ***I WILL NOT validate any score for a workout performed outside one of the 3 times listed without an email. ***
- You, the athlete, need to make sure your score is submitted to the Game’s site for validation by 5pm on Monday. I would suggest you submit it as early as possible and check your email throughout the day Monday. I am often hunting down people to fix scores on Monday. If your score is not submitted correctly, I cannot fix it myself and I cannot validate it until it is fixed.
- Again, you are responsible for your score. Verve does not submit scores for athletes.
That’s the schedule thus far. I will be sure to post the times available to do the Open WOD throughout the gym. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.