25 Thrusters, 135/95
Post time to BTW.
Bacon Potato Sausage Breakfast Frittata
*From paleomg.com adapted to zone proportions
- 4-6 strips bacon, cut into pieces (enough for 2 PRO -varies depending on type of bacon)
- 1 2/3 tsp bacon fat (5FAT)
- 360 g (2 2/3c) ~ 1 medium sweet potato or yam, diced into small cubes or shredded (it cooks faster)(8CHO)
- ½ pound italian sausage (or other ground meat) (5PRO)
- 8 eggs, whisked (8PRO)
- 2/3 cup green chilies (2CHO)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon ground paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place bacon in a large cast iron skillet or in an oven safe sauté pan. Cook bacon until crispy. Remove and place on a paper towel lined plate. Remove bacon fat and add 1 2/3 tsp back to pan.
- Add sweet potato, coat in bacon fat and let cook for 10-12 minutes or 5-7 if shredded or until the sweet potatoes are soft.
- Add italian sausage to the pan with the potatoes, break apart with a wooden spoon and cook until no pink remains.
- Once sausage is cooked through, remove pan from heat to let cool.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, green chilies, garlic powder, red pepper, paprika and salt and pepper.
- Once pan has cooled, pour in eggs and add the bacon on top of the sausage and potatoes. Mix well to evenly distribute the eggs around the pan.
- Place in oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until the eggs are fully cooked in the middle of the pan. I found I had to cook it longer in my convection oven.
- Makes 15 PRO, 10 CHO, 5 FAT total
- Cut into 5 equal sections for 3P, 2CHO, 1F per piece.
- Top with some avocado to balance fats , add in 1 block of fruit and ENJOY!!!
*** COMPETITION CREW INFO SESSION IS TONIGHT AT 7:00 PM. PLEASE RSVP IN MBO.