30 Snatches, 135#/95#
Post scores to BTW.
Chicken Enchilada Bake
Recipe from Juli Bauer at PaleOMG.com (click here for the original)
Zoned by our very own Robyn Kunick-Bosch
- coconut or olive oil spray, for greasing baking dish
- 1 pound cooked, shredded chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken) (16PRO)
- 1 (14 ounce) can El Pato enchilada sauce (3CHO)
- 490g (~¾ cup) of 505 jarred or any canned diced green chiles (2.5CHO)
- 357.5g (~2-3) orange bell peppers, seeded and diced (or any color you like)(2.5CHO)
- 97g (~⅔cup) red onion, diced (1CHO)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs, whisked
- cilantro, to garnish
- goat cheese, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8×8 glass baking dish.
- In a large bowl, add shredded chicken, enchilada sauce, green chiles, bell pepper, onion, garlic, chili powder, oregano, and salt and pepper. (feel free to be generous with the salt) and mix well.
- Then add eggs and mix well to incorporate.
- Pour mixture into baking dish.
- Place in oven and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Check at 1 hour to see if eggs have completely cooked through and cook extra 15 minutes, if needed.
- Let rest for 5 minutes then garnish with goat cheese (optional) and cilantro.
Total Zone Blocks 18 PRO, 9 CHO
Weigh out entire dish when done cooking minus the weight of the dish and divide by 18 to tell you how much 1 PRO/0.5CHO weighs.
Throw a little sliced avocado or guacamole on top to balance out the fats.