21-15-9 Reps for time:
Power clean, 115#(75#)
Push jerk, 115#(75#)
Front rack lunge step, 115#(75#)
Post time to comments or BTWB
Summertime is officially upon us, not just by date, but by HEAT!!! This is an easy salad to throw together for a party or if you need some delicious carbs in your day. You can see the full recipe here
AVACADO STRAWERRY CAPRESE – ohsheglows blog
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup (135 g) hulled and sliced strawberries
- 1 cup (160 g) grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium ripe avocado, pitted and diced
- 1/3 cup (8 g) loosely packed basil leaves, chiffonade cut
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Pink Himalayan salt or fine sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Toasted sesame seeds or chopped pecans, for serving
- In a small saucepan, bring the vinegar to a simmer over medium heat. Once the vinegar starts to simmer, reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer for 6 to 10 minutes, uncovered, until the vinegar thickens, and reduces in volume by half. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, add the strawberries, tomatoes, avocado, and basil into a large shallow bowl.
- Drizzle on the oil and gently toss until the veggies are coated. Season generously with salt and pepper and toss again just briefly.
- Scatter on your desired amount of toasted seeds or nuts. Drizzle on all of the balsamic reduction.
- Serve immediately. This salad is definitely best enjoyed fresh, but leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for a few hours if necessary.