As many rounds as possible in 12 minutes of:
10 Shoulder to overhead 115#(75#)
10 Alternating front rack lunges 115#(75#)
50 Double unders
Post Result to BTWB.
Today, I propose you a question. I want you to ask yourself “Why?”. I want you to ask yourself why is important to you to make it part of your routine to come to the gym. The beautiful thing is that there is no wrong answer. Your why could be in the list below (or maybe it’s not – no big deal):
- It’s important to you to perform high intensity, constantly varied, functional movements to improve upon your base fitness levels.
- There is a social aspect to Verve that you very much enjoy.
- You want to be in the best aesthetic shape as possible.
- You want to be fit enough to enjoy your other hobbies.
- You want to be able to hold your grandchildren.
- You want to one day be a part of the competitive Sport of Fitness.
Whatever your “Why” is, it will help you achieve your goals. Understanding the reason you want something will help your prioritize all of the other things that will get in the way. For example, if the reason you are coming into the gym is to be fit enough to enjoy your other hobbies, the odds are that you don’t need to be training for 2-3 hours per day – which will inevitably take away time from your other hobbies. On the other hand, if your goal is to in the best aesthetic shape of your life, then perhaps spending a little extra time here and there in the gym could help bring you closer to your goals. So here is a little step process I like to give out to people when they are having trouble conquering goals:
- Define your “Why?”
- Based on your “Why?”, what are your priorities?
- What are you willing to give up or add in to your day to achieve your goals.
- Make sure your actions bring you closer to your goals, rather than further from them.
From here it will give you a better understanding of why your are doing the things you are doing, why you make some of the choices you make and how you can help yourself become more successful in and out of the gym.