Yummy, yummy yams have a delicious flavor and are a great post workout food! This recipe was adapted to be paleo-zoned from a cookbook by one of our favorite chef’s and champions of eating healthy, Mr. Jamie Oliver of Food Revolution fame.
- 1.5 cups carrots, sliced (3C)
- 2 cups celery, sliced (1C)
- 1.33 cups onion, chopped (2C)
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 lb yams or sweet potatoes, chopped (9C)
- 15 oz chorizo, sliced (15P)
- a small bunch of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1.75 quarts chicken or vegetable broth
- 1T + 2t extra virgin olive oil (15F)
- 1 heaping teaspoon curry powder
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 fresh red chile
Put the broth
in a saucepan and heat until boiling. Meanwhile, put a large pan on a high heat and add the olive oil Add all your chopped and sliced ingredients with the curry powder and mix together with a wooden spoon. Cook for around 10 minutes with the lid askew, until the carrots have softened but are still holding their shape, and the onion is lightly golden. Add the boiling broth to the vegetables. Give the soup a good stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, until the yams are cooked through.
Season with salt and pepper, using an immersion blender or liquidizer, pulse the soup until smooth and scatter over a little finely chopped red chile. YUM!
This pot makes 5 balanced, 3 paleozone block meals of 3C, 3P, 3F apiece.